Saturday, May 28, 2011

Favourite person over 40

Greetings to visitors and friends........
Am in the running in celebrating the Internet with the DiGi (Malaysian Telco) WWWOW Awards that is by the people and for the people in the category of 'Favourite Person Over 40'.
Some said it’s no fun being ‘over the hill’! 
But with age comes an endless supply of wisdom & wit!
I ask for your vote and support! It's in your hands!
Click to Vote, Tq! 


(You are only allowed to cast ONE vote for each category per day. 
If you wish to vote for that same entry again, you may only do so the next day.)


You may notice that I make lots of references to Toastmasters. Of all the organizations I’ve joined, Toastmasters has had the greatest positive impact on my life. I believe the benefits of membership extend far beyond simple public speaking skills. I think almost everyone would benefit from joining toastmasters.
First a little information about what Toastmasters is for those who are unfamiliar with this organization. Beginning in 1924 through Ralph C. Smedley, the organization has since grown to over 260,000 members in over 12,500 clubs in 113 countries worldwide. Focusing on public speaking and leadership skills, Toastmasters is one of the largest organized systems of personal development in the world.
Beyond that, Toastmasters created leaders. Toastmasters created confidence. Toastmasters created winners.
I joined as a chartered member of the organization that I worked for and served as the club officer the following years and as my confidence grew, I continued serving the district at area, and then district level and finally led District 51 (342 clubs in Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia) in 2009/2010 and finished the term successfully. 
Working with over 100 volunteer leaders have given me the immense opportunities in practicing my leadership skills that finally bear fruits at the end of the term.
What an amazing journey it has been!


It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. ~ J.K. Rowling

Bookmark and Share

No comments: