Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The new term begins!
July 01st 2008
Sailing the 5 Cs to Club Success
Greetings fellow Toastmasters and aspiring Toastmasters alike,
We are now into our very first new day of the term 2008/2009 -
July 01st 2008-June 30th 2009.
We have also successfully launched our District ‘Toastmasters Leadership Institute’ club officers training for division W in central Kuala Lumpur, division A in Johor and Melaka and division N & S in Perak, Penang and Kedah.
How is your club performance that ended yesterday? Have you and your club members’ end the term achieving “Distinguished Club Status?”
Have your club sail through the term as planned?
Some of us may have the good fortune of a strong wind behind our sails; others may be floundering against a strong current.
The “how” of smooth sailing is illustrated in the “Strategies for District Success” outline below. Republished from the “Amazing voice” newsletter article last year, we see that the map for achieving district success hasn’t changed.
How well we sail the ocean will be determined to a large extent by the “5 Cs” that we bring to the endeavor.
4. Core of our being
Sail the 5Cs to Success
1. Courage – “Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.”- Winston Churchill
2. Choice – We have the freedom to choose and in our role as a club, areas, division and district officer we are in a position to make a difference.
3. Commitment – “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, and always ineffectiveness……that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too……Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.” - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
4. Core of our being - Dr. Ralph Smedley said it well in declaring “Our responsibilities are defined by our opportunities.” As club leaders, you are presented with the precious opportunity to navigate and sail your club to success. Do it with passion and the hunger for success.
5. Conquer - The courage to Conquer - District 51 & 2008/2009 Toastmasters International Themes. Do you have the four C’s to conquer your goals? As a member of Toastmasters, I know that you can make it happen. Apply the 5 C’s to achieve the club educational, membership and administrative goals!
Until then, signing off as a member of the District top 3, we look forward to have an opportunity to see who we really are as we work through the district year. Keep well fellow Toastmasters and look forward hearing from each one of you!
Richard Chong @ Ritchie
Advanced Communicator Silver / Advanced Leader Bronze
Lt. Governor Education & Training 2008/2009
Skype/Yahoo Messenger ID: Ritchierc
# please includes District 51 website address http://www.tmdistrict51.org/
in all your correspondence and Club business card.
at 2:13 AM